Our apologies on taking an unannounced break from the blog. Read on for an update on our happenings this summer.
Our apologies on taking an unannounced blogging break. Things have been rather busy in our neck of the woods (more on that in a bit), but we are back at it and will be posting more regularly than we have been this summer. If you have suggestions for blog content, please feel free to send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
So, why have things been busy, you ask? Here's a rundown on some of the larger things going on in our office:
- Our annual scholarship luncheon was moved from the spring to the fall this year so that we can celebrate our students and donors at Homecoming. We're thrilled that this means more of our donors will be able to attend, and we're very much looking forward to seeing our fellow Spartans!
- We helped the Graduate School launch their new blog, Chittenden Commons (commons.grd.msu.edu), as well as develop an integrated communications system for all their programs. This is timely, as all the programs from the Graduate School are moving into Chittenden Hall as we speak. They are all looking forward to being under one roof and thus better able to serve our students and faculty.
- Along with the Chittenden Hall move, our office is assisting in the planning for the Chittenden Hall grand opening and 20th anniversary celebration for the Graduate School in early November. We hope to see you there! Follow the Chittenden Commons blog for more information as it becomes available.
- We're also looking forward to hosting the original class of university fellowship recipients, along with current fellowship recipients, on campus this fall. It has been twenty years since the first Univeristy Fellowship awards were presented. We're happy to have these alumni return to campus.
- Finally, with all these moves into Chittenden Hall, you may be wondering where we'll be. As many of you know, the University Scholarships & Fellowships Advancement Office has been hosted by the Graduate School in the Office of the Dean (110 Linton Hall) since 2005. Jennifer Bertram, Amber Trudell, and Katie Kelly are currently in this suite. Maura Benton is down the hall in 116 (another Graduate School office), and Katie McMurray is across the street in Eustace-Cole Hall (the Honors College). Sharing space with the Graduate School has been a great experience, and we'd like to thank them for their hospitality. As they move across the street to Chittenden Hall, we're happy to announce that we will be staying in 110 Linton. We will be renovating the suite to accomodate our needs. Once that is done (expected in late October), all our staff will be in one suite! We're very excited to have our team united under one roof. We've spent the last few months working with the wonderful team at Infrastructure Planning and Facilities to determine what changes need to be made. Now we're beginning to see our plans take shape! Until then, we're hopping around to different parts of campus where desks are available, and telecommuting when possible. We will have some changes in our phone numbers, fax lines, etc. We'll be posting more information about these changes as they progress.
Thanks for reading, and for bearing with us during this busy season!
- Katie Kelly, Communications Manager