If you want to take advantage of the 2015 IRA Charitable Rollover option, you need to act fast!
Take advantage of the IRA Charitable Rollover.
- You must be 70½ or older.
- You can transfer up to $100,000 from your IRA directly to a qualified charity such as ours. This opportunity applies only to IRAs and not other types of retirement plans.
- You pay no income tax on the gift. The transfer generates neither taxable income nor a tax deduction, so you benefit even if you do not itemize your tax deductions.
- Your gift can satisfy all or part of your required minimum distribution for the year.
- If you made a gift of up to $100,000 directly from your IRA in 2015, your gift will qualify under the new law.
- Transfers will need to be made by Dec. 31, 2015, if you want your gift to qualify this year.
Please note that this legislation does not permit direct transfers to charitable trusts, donor advised funds, charitable gift annuities or supporting organizations.
Contact the MSU Office of Gift Planning:
(800) 232-4678 or (517) firstname.lastname@example.org