This week's tailgate recipe is a vegetarian dip recommended by Katie Cable, Associate Director of Alumni Relations and Development.
The Michigan State Spartans travel to Iowa this weekend, rested up from their bye week. They'll face the University of Iowa Hawkeyes for a 12:00 p.m. kickoff. Iowa has four wins and one loss to start their season, while the Spartans have three wins and one loss.
This week we've asked Katie Cable, Associate Director of Alumni Relations and Development, to share one of her favorite recipes. She is our office's resident vegetarian, and recommends this quick and easy meatless dip for any party or tailgate.
Mediterranean Layer Dip
- 1 – 8 oz. container of hummus (plain or flavor of choice)
- 1 ½ cups chopped romaine lettuce
- ½ cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1 cup chopped artichoke hearts (canned or thawed from frozen)
- ½ cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- ¼ - ½ cup chopped, pitted kalamata olives
- ¼ - ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
Layer ingredients, as listed, in 8x8 inch square dish or pie dish, beginning by spreading hummus evenly across the bottom.
Serve cold with pita chips and crudité.